Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Aaargh! Still no sewing machine.

Still no sewing machine so I made a cake.

 and an orange segment.

Plenty of time for browsing

Wee Folk Art had a lovely idea for a felt bracelet

I loved the triangle chicken at Talin's Corner so I looked up a triangular pyramid pattern and came up with a cute zipped purse. I added the tutorial to my Great Tutorials by Others list in the side bar.There is a cute sewing roll on the same site to hold bits and pieces when you go to workshops.
Talin also had some great bag and purse tutorials.

I discovered Pink Penguin. What a talented designer she is. There are some good tutorials too. She also mentions Stitch magazine and it looks really good. I bought the digital copy but have had to ask about the insert pattern sheet. A couple of the patterns refer to the insert but those patterns were not included in the downloaded magazine.

I am excited about joining in the Pincushion - Sew a Bit hosted by Fiona at Bubzrugz. The groups have been organised but nothing stops you from sewing along. The idea is to create a pincushion as pretty as this one from The Painted Quilt. She has two "wool crazy" tutorials to help.



Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...