Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday's Show and Tell

 
I have the cutest little cat on my desk. I mean the calendar :)
I bought him as a souvenier at a huge garden shop at the top of the stairs to the Notre Dame Metro stop. I look at it every day and remember my visit to Paris last year. They also had cute little bird houses for sale.
Come with me to Paris :)


I climbed to the top of the Notre Dame Cathedral. Those spiral stair cases are perfect for panic attacks. They are quite confined and I hated not being able to see the bottom or the top. It felt like it would go on forever. Enough of that though. It spooks me thinking about it. I climbed every tower I found this time. Won't be doing that next time.


I loved Paris. I had tea at little cafes and wandered the streets fascinated by all the little fashion shops that seemed to be everywhere. The first little cafe I went to had teapots for decoration - Le Jardin de The - very French.







The buildings all have flats above them and seem really dull til I happened upon one set of big double doors that was open. Behind was the most magical courtyard. I realised that lots of the buildings must have these hidden courtyards. 








I visited Montmartre and had tea in the artists square. The table was an artwork itself.

That's my cup still on the table.

On the way up I passed a patissiere with the biggest biscuits I have ever seen. They were bigger than my hand.


It was the beginning of April and all the trees were starting to blossom. Ah! Paris in the Spring!



Make sure you visit Sandy at Cookies and Cream Craft to join in Monday's Show and Tell.
Happy Sewing,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...