Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A New Tote Bag

I was very pleased with the tote bag I designed with a bit of inspiration from a magazine. I was making it for my mum and I was going to play with needle turn applique for the petals but my freezer paper didn't turn up (and still hasn't turned up even though I was assured it would be on its way immediately). When I finally decided to do buttonhole stitch it was so close to Mothers' Day that it became a gift for that day. Luckily the visiting daughter couldn't visit til yesterday so I just got it finished in time. She made me a lovely chocolate cake for a present. My mum loved the bag.

Front. The rick rack was a gift from Michelle
and the petals were the charm squares from Suz

Back. Again the petals were the charm squares from Suz


Happy Appliquing,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...