Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tickled Pink Tuesday and Tuesday Treasures Double Up

I have another teapot and cup to show today. I just don't know why I bought it except that the dragonfly looked cute. It is a Franz creation. I used it twice and put it away because it just felt too delicate. Dragged it out today and had to search everywhere for the saucer. Funnily enough it didn't feel as delicate anymore. It pours well and the cup handle fits my fingers nicely. It doesn't seem to bad now. I think it only seems delicate because it is just a bit unstable feeling. The base of the teapot is quite small and there is no really flat part of the saucer for the cup. I will use this set a bit more now :)
The tea set wasn't going to be my actual treasure today (but I think it deserves that status now). My real treasure for today is fussing with breakfast and setting it out nicely and sitting in my nice sunny room to savour my tea and toast and look at the pleasant scenery. I just feel so lucky that I can do this at 8:30 in the morning and not have to rush out somewhere.






Breakfast today is soy and linseed toast with a few drops of rice oil instead of butter (for some reason I can't enjoy dry toast) topped with Rose's blood orange marmalade and good old Vegemite. My tea is an organic black tea bag from Aldi.

I am  feeling tickled pink because my husband and I seem to have finally got back on the diet wagon since we fell off at Christmas. We have started writing down the kJ value of everything we eat. This seems to be the only way to keep it under control.
toast - 915kJ
jam - 150kJ
vegemite - 40kJ
oil - about 100kJ
Total = 1205kJ

Lunch and dinner is a large chicken leg, carrot, beans and gravy - 1500kJ each
I usually have a smoothie for afternoon tea but since breakfast and dinner are quite high I will have to have a small bowl of cereal with rice milk to get my calcium dose. ( dairy products don't agree with me). 5000kJ for the day. I drink hot water with a squeeze of lemon juice for inbetweens.
I do go on a bit sometimes :)

Head on over to Melody's House on the Side of the Hill to link up to other treasure posts.
Allie-oops and Polka Dots and Rick Rack will have what is Tickling them when the calender rolls over to Tuesday in their neck of the woods.

Happy Days,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...