Sunday, June 5, 2011

Self Absorbed

I have been a bit self absorbed this last week. I have done a bit more on the second border of the Christmas quilt and twiddled a bit with Sandi's pincushion. Just a few more stitches for the pincushion and I will send it off to DeeDee.

I have about a month before I visit Adelaide for the Australian Sewing Guild shopping and sight seeing tour and I want to make a new outdoor coat and a dress up coat/jacket. This means I will have to put away all my patchwork things to make room for cutting out.

I felt a bit stressed because I was checking the ASG site for information on the Northern Italy tour and casually mentioned to my husband that they were doing the American tour again next February. He said why don't I go on that as well. So within a few days I had found a good flight, spoken to the organiser several times, sorted out the Portland Oregon flight and visited the travel agent twice and now I am the proud holder of tickets to San Francisco with extra days each side of the tour for Feb next year. I was a little bit stressed because it was the Italy trip that I had my mind on. That will be in May next year. My mum and I will do the 18 day tour with ASG then stay on for another 20 days of Italy, Amsterdam, Paris, London and surrounds. It is too early to book the flight but I have noticed that the accommodation around London is going fast. Apparently the first week in June is the Queens Jubilee anniversary.

I believe the Puyallup craft show tour in America will be offered to Americans as well. I don't know who through though. For us Aussies we have to be members of the Australian Sewing Guild. I highly recommend the tours. I have done one to Sydney last year and I had a great time. Next year is Melbourne so mum and I have decided to do that in July next year.
Have a look at the ASG site. The travel page has links to the brochures for America and Italy.

Nothing much happening now,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...