Thursday, July 21, 2011

Adelaide trip

I had a wonderful time in Adelaide last week. The weather was cloudy and cold but quite easy to handle with my big coat. 22 ladies hit the town and bought up pretty big in all the wonderful fabric shops we visited. We also had some time for wine tasting and site seeing visiting McLaren Vale, Hahndorf, Haigh's Chocolate fatory and Rundle Mall.
 Mum and I took some extra time to visit the pandas at Adelaide Zoo, the Botanic Gardens and the Central Markets.
I recommend the tours as a fun way to meet people and find great fabrics. The price of the Australian tours is only about $1500 plus your air fare to the location. Next July is Melbourne. Keep an eye on Sue Neall's site or the ASG site.

We stayed at serviced apartments in the old Treasury Building. The rooms were very comfortable.


Adelaide was planned on a grid pattern and has lovely wide streets. About 4 blocks down this street is the main shopping precinct Rundle Mall.


I took this photo from the bus. It shows the Adelaide skyline and you can see that the city itself is not really very big. I left this one full size so if you click on it you get a better look.


Country Bumpkin embroidery shop. Sold lots of kits and threads and embellishments.


Ferriers Fashion Fabrics. It had a wide variety of fabrics. Mostly natural fibres and quite expensive.


There are only a few more photos but unfortunatly Flickr just disappears when I try to find a photo. At least I got these ones in today. Yesterday I manged to upload them all and then couldn't do anything with them. I clicked on the Flickr home button and was taken to Google home! Hope it settles down soon.

I am in the process of making a list of the stores we visited with addresses and phone numbers. I will post it shortly. I only bought a few things and I will also show them next post.

Happy Sewing
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...