Thursday, August 11, 2011

Jhoos social networking scam

Today I got an invitation to join up Jhoos from a blogging friend I would say that I could trust. I clicked yes and was taken to the window that asks you to sign up. Before giving out any info about myself I googled the Jhoos name and came up with quite a few blog posts about a scam.  Apparently people are giving out their email address and their email password! and consequently the site uses your password to send emails to everyone in your contact list as though you are inviting them to sign up. The problem is it disables your pop up window blocker and you keep getting adds you don't want. I have only read all this on other peoples blogs so it may or may not be true. Needless to say I did not bother to sign up.

Safe blogging,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...