Sunday, November 27, 2011

Small projects

I have been making lots of little things. I just pop upstairs to my sewing room and think of something to make. I also have a few things that I have to make multiples of so they are cut out ready to go.
First I just want to tell you that I bought a bunch of DMC stranded cottons from Lincraft today. I went in to buy one - normally $2.99 and found them on special at 99cents. I don't know when this sale finishes but I thought it was a real bargain.
I usually pay $2.70 at my local quilt shop.
While writing this I have looked up the Lincraft online store and have found the same threads for 89 cents each  - this looks like the usual price. I put 10 in my basket and found with postage it costs $15.85 or $1.60 each. I think I  might be buying online next time.



I love drawing with my free motion foot and quilted this mug rug using flowers. The design matches my mug.



I made two more table mats.



Wanting to play with the free motion some more I made a tea bag holder to take away with me. I like to have my chamomile tea with me.

My drawing is a bit rough but I thought the writing turned out good.




I will buy single sachets to take away


Another drawing on the back


I am stitching no. 3 in the cat collection and preparing my tea cup drawings to put online probably middle of next week.

Happy Quilting,
Val

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...