Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 35

I needed a change for my aerobic routine so I pulled out my old Aerobic Oz Style video and sacheted and sweated along with Anton, Wendy and June. They haven't aged a bit since the 90's. I can remember getting up in the mornings and doing the routines from the tele.


I spent several days making a new cover for our swing seat. I used my bias binding making machine to make about 10 metres of binding. It was so quick and easy. We bought some fabric backed plastic table cloth from Mitre 10 hardware. The type they sell by the metre as well as the clear plastic.We bought some new cushions and it all looks as good as new. The frame is 20 years old. The plastic is still on the cushions til I make some clear plastic back protectors to keep the bird poos off.  I don't expect them to sit under the top. I made it longer at the back to discourage them but I don't want to take any chances.
I ironed the binding in half and stitched it through both sides at once.
I finished off my new hand bag and I have been using it. I love it but I had to fudge it a bit and cut down the top band across the  back because it went a bit skewif when I tried sewing in the side sections. The clear plastic made it all a bit stiff to sew but I am glad I didn't cover the strips with a solid fabric pocket.

I tried a new recipe last week to try to liven up some left over chicken. It has been so cold here the last few days and I needed something warming. I found this recipe in my Australian Yoga magazine.
It is called Slow Roast Carrot and Ginger Soup.

5 or 6 carrots peeled and chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup of cashews
1 tbs freshly grated ginger
1 onion sliced
1 tbs maple syrup
1 cup of fresh orange juice
1 cup of water

In a heavy pot saute the carrot, ginger, nuts and onion.
Reduce heat, cover and slow roast for an hour stirring occasionally.
Fold in the maple syrup.
Add juice and some water. Blend and add water as needed.
Heat up and serve.

I made a few changes. I only had walnuts and no onion and I was too hungry to cook it for an hour. I just stir fried it til the carrots were a bit soft. I added some chopped chicken when I reheated it after blending. It was delicious. Because it was just for me I used 2 carrots and cut back on the other ingredients.

Nearly forgot!
I joined up to do a Halloween blog hop where all those who join in make a wicked themed block then post about it. Should be fun. It happens towards the end of September. The blog hops are announced at Sew We Quilt and are happening all the time.

Happy Quilting,
Val

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...