Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Welcome to the North Pole June update

It is great to see everyone making progress on their blocks. With about 5 months to go there is still lots of time left to work on it but it is probably a good time to rethink or review your plan. I am determined to finish my quilt before this Christmas and may have to speed things up just a little. I need to make sure I have enough wadding and I will also need to purchase some backing and border fabric. I will be keeping my eye out for some discount fabric if possible but if I find the perfect cute fabric I am prepared to pay the price. Gingerbread men or snowmen might be nice for the back and snowflakes for the border.
Here is what it looks like so far. Still quite a lot to go but it is coming together. I changed my Santa and reindeer to a bit more traditional I suppose. The reindeer left on the ground just wasn't slick enough :)


I have been nursing my machine along a bit lately so I have put off applique sewing and put my efforts into cutting and sticking and some straight sewing.
I look forward to seeing what everyone is up to.

If you are not ready for Google+ you can comment from my Facebook or Flickr.

Val Spiers on Facebook

Val Spiers on Flickr

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...