Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stitch and Doodle

I have been so lethargic the last 4 days with a cold and cough. I wander in and out of my sewing room and cut a bit, stitch a bit or sketch a bit.
I have been playing with some tulips for a spring look. After making a scene with lots of little bits I decided I should have done large pieces so I sketched an idea with large tulips in a frame. I have not quite done half of the stitching on the little bits.


I have been to the beautiful Keukenhof gardens in Amsterdam in 2012 when mum and I went travelling together. The plantings are just amazing.
These are a couple of my photos. The gardens are a tourist site but huge and well worth visiting. We booked a 1/2 day bus trip.



I have been looking at bird images and even though I seem to be drawn to the cute little cartoon birds I think my style is more realistic. I sketched a pigeon collecting threads for its nest. Another spring theme.



Since it is actually autumn here I have decided to make a mini quilt with some colourful leaves and a brown background.


While walking around the shore I noticed lots of Blue Tiger butterflies.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Blue_Tiger_(Tirumala_limniace)_at_Narendrapur_W_IMG_4260.jpg
I thought maybe a Summer's Final Fling mini might be in order with this beautiful butterfly on it. They migrate south in summer to Brisbane and sometimes Sydney then fly back north again in autumn. I think the couple of dozen I saw must have been on their way up the coast. They are a tropical butterfly and like really hot temperatures. Apparently they live for about 5 months.
Now I think I need to get out my book for Let's Book It and make something.

If you haven't entered my giveaway for a free Craftsy Class visit here and click to enter. Closes 2nd April.

Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...