Saturday, April 5, 2014

FNWF - Friday Night with Friends


So glad I remembered this month. I still love to visit the blogs but it is always better if there is a FNWF for them to return the visit.
I have a pile of irregular little rectangles. There were hundreds but I have used some up over the couple of years I have had them. They are fabric samples so each one is different.


I squared them up as best I could. The ones for the HST I made as big as possible. I am following the Scrappy Challenge at Patchwork Times. Each month she posts a new block with a tutorial. You have to finish a project with the block to link up. I figure if I stick to tea mats I will get it finished. I have quite a few sewing things on my plate.
I love the way the dark and light show up as stripes. The seams are not perfect but I have never been a process person. I just like the general affect. I wasn't going to cut all those little rectangles into perfect 1 1/2 inch squares.


I will do some quilting and try to get it finished for tomorrow. Today is a blog browsing day for me. I will take a break from sewing today.

Thanks to Cheryll for hosting FNWF. There are lots of people signed up. A great list of blogs to browse through while I have my breakfast cuppa.


I am also linking up with Anything Goes Monday at Stitch by Stitch.

Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val
If you can't do google plus comments you could pin this instead.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...